Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck and surrounding areas in harmony with the mission statement and policies of Roger Williams University Rec Services and Aquatics Department.
ARC lifeguard or other nationally recognized lifeguard certification is required. Individuals in this job must be at least 16 years of age and have the following abilities: exercise mature judgment and sound decision-making; relate to people in a positive, but firm manner; observant; safety conscious; react calmly and quickly in an emergency; effectively communicate information of RWU Aquatic programs to members and participants; lift a minimum of 50 lbs and have full range of body movement. Lifeguard, CPR for the professional rescuer, First Aid, Oxygen Administration (must be completed with 60 days of hire if not current), AED, Child Abuse Prevention and Blood Borne Pathogens certifications must be obtained and maintained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Maintain safe swimming conditions in pool, on deck and surrounding areas.
• Prevent accidents by scanning assigned zone from bottom to top and covering zone in compliance with the 10/10 rule.
• Perform swim tests as required by Association policy.
• Enforce health and safety rules and maintain emergency readiness.
• Respond to emergency situations in accordance with RWU policies and procedures. Complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Maintain records as required.
• Perform routine maintenance of pool, locker rooms and surrounding areas, to ensure cleanliness.
• Check pool and rescue equipment and promptly report any problems.
• Set up and put away equipment for recreational swims.
• Develop rapport and maintain effective relationships with members, participants and other staff.
• Participation and satisfactory completion of in-service trainings is mandatory.
• Work scheduled shifts including Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday rotation. Arrangements for substitutes must be previously approved by the Aquatics Coordinator.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
Present a clean, safe and friendly aquatic center for a positive public image and member retention.
Other duties may be assigned to this position at the discretion of the Aquatics Coordinator. Performance evaluation, based on tasks listed above, will be conducted after the first 90 days of employment and annually thereafter.
Contact Phone Number:
Contact Email Address: