RWU has deployed wireless coverage in all areas of the university used for research, academics, and study.
The University chose to deploy the latest standard 802.11n in all of our deployments. IT chose Aruba Networks
Infrastructure equipment in order to achieve the following goals:
- Utilize authentication to ensure that only RWU community is receiving wireless access and the University is not unwittingly supplying its neighbors with access that they are not legally entitled to.
- Ensure that bandwidth and traffic controls are put in place to ensure access to all users as much as feasible.
- Maintain and enforce the wireless airspace policy in order to control interference.
- Assume a 5-year lifecycle for wireless equipment.
- Begin implementation of the new standard 802.11ac
Policies and Guides: